2009/09/13

The Mystery of Mojo


When it comes to my family, I am the alpha-dog! Not the aggression type of alpha, but that sort of fractured alpha. Loved, top-dog, revered, and always loved by more than the cats are. And when you're alpha-dog, it's a good idea to become a useful one. Because one time, if I weren't alpha-dog, Mojo would've been in huge trouble.
It all started one day when Mojo was prancing around across the living room in the evening. Everyone was asleep, so us animals could do our things. "I think I'm the alpha CAT in the family." Mojo boasted to Madison and I. "That comment is a hoax! I think-er, know, that I'M the alpha-cat in the family." Madison bragged to Mojo. The cats were being quite gregarious tonight. "I can't handle this. I'm going to get out this debate so I can do more important things than complaining and jabbering comebacks at a couple-year old twin kitten!" Madison snapped. And she stormed out the room. She went in my dog kennel, and I followed, I needed relaxing time. However, I didn't feel like sleeping. Mojo headed toward the other room.
"Madison, you cats need to get it together. Humans always just say the same lame excuse when it comes to favorites- 'We all each other the same.' The way I see it, that's impossible. But humans are too independent to change themselves so they'll stop doing that kind of stuff." I said. Madison kust looked at me, a little confused. I just ignored it, and rolled over. Meanwhile, Mojo was meandering toward the back door. "Hey look, the door's opening." Mojo said to himself. "I wonder if Madison is watching me right now, and I just see her that well, no matter how good of eye-vision I have at dusk. So maybe when whoever is coming in comes in, I'll act like I love him, and she'll give up, and admit that I AM the alpha-cat of the family." Mojo also said to himself. Madison and I heard the door open. We were starting to notice it. "Look, shadows!" Madison said. We quietly walked behind a wall near the kitchen entrance so we could see the shadows without being seen ourselves. We saw a large, sort of tall human or maybe human-like shadow picking up an animal. "Mojo!" I whispered in panic to Madison. Then, in his hands, the possible human-like shadow went and carried Mojo outside.
Madison and I looked out a window from the kitchen. Well, we tried to. We couldn't reach the only other window in the kitchen, because the only one had too many items on display on top of the window sill. I got on Madison's shoulders, but I could only see the light on the garage was on. It only lit up when I sensed movement. And I saw that the garage door was open! "Oh crud, Mojo's been abducted! What's gonna happen to him?" I asked in panic.
"Forget that, let's go warn our owners. You take the parents upstairs, and I'll alert the children. It's like risking my life going to see them, but I don't want Mojo to get hurt!" Madison ordered. And with that, we scrambled off to do our tasks. "Don't worry Mojo, we'll help you, just hang in there!" I said in hopes as if somehow, Mojo, where ever he was at the time, would possibly, in some way-just in any way, would sort of understand and hear my message. I was optimistic about his safety. And so was Madison. We were doing it for the love of Mojo. I went to the door that led to the upstairs part of the house. But I realized that it was closed. It was peculiar, considering that the door is left open just in case the cats want to go upstairs during the night. I couldn't reach the doorknob, and even if I could, I couldn't open it, due to the lack of fingers. The same went for Madison. I didn't know what to do, so I silently meandered to the hall. Madison walked out of one of the children's rooms. "I couldn't them up." Madison said," They are just to heavy of sleepers!" Madison said. "Then we're gonna be doing this ourselves." I said.
We decided to become a substantial duet of fellow detectives. We went and tried to think back to the crime's taking place. But we couldn't remember anything outstanding. Then we went to the details. "Okay, I have questions to solve this caper. Why would Mojo be a victim? What for, and why? What is so special about him that would make someone tempted to steal him? Just answer!" I said. "Well, there are tons of bozos who cherish abducting innocent house pets from others' homes. Maybe it was a huge grudge. I just bet you that whoever took Mojo has a pretty supple heart if they try to love animals. Also, maybe Mojo was just playing around with us.
"However, if that isn't the thing that is happening, maybe he was stolen because he was a specific type of cat." Madison explained. "But what traits about Mojo would make anyone interested in him? He loves the outdoors, is very loving, and is a tabby cat, almost about to become a juvenile cat. " I said. "Lucy, that's it! I bet you someone near us wanted a pet cat really badly, and decided to steal a cat. But who do we know who lives close to us, likes cats, wants a cat that is partially teenage, is tabby, loving, and outdoorsy, and doesn't possess one, that knows where live?" Madison asked. "Our friends from a few blocks away must be the burglars. They match all of your assorted discoveries depicting things crime-related." I noticed. "Well, I still think I see the garage light on, so let's get out there and catch that thief!" Madison triumphed.
Inspired and encouraged, Madison went out the back door, now unlocked, and went out into the dark, cold dusk. And that's when we were both amazed, as I came out! "Oh my gosh!" Madison said. "No way!" I cried. We saw Mojo on my green leash that I use for roaming around the backyard whenever my owners stick me out. And then, I saw my Dad, taking out the recycling and garbage bins. "I knew there was SOME logical explaination!" I said. And Madison, Mojo, and I just froze in silence and astonishment, and obviously, confusion!
"I'm pretty sure you're confused." Mojo said. "We are! In fact, we thought that you got kidnapped!" I explained. "No, no, no, you see, the person who came through the back door was Dad, coming home late from work. He came and thought I should go outside, so he put me on this leash, and I've been roaming ever since. In the mean time, he's doing some minor work to surprise Mom." Mojo explained. "Ohhh, so that explains the human-shadow and why you weren't screaming for help!" Madison realized. "Well, now that that's back in order, let's go inside, and all enjoy our peace until it lasts." I suggested. So we all went, together.
And never again would Mojo want to learn a lesson the hard way. That's what happened in this episode. And I assume that the moral he's been taught was this: always scream to alert the American longhair and Cockapoo that something is happening so they don't suspect that he's been stolen. Anyways, after that, we lived happily ever after- once I can find myself a bone to chew on again, anyways....

No comments: